Friday 26 August 2011

Displace that place

This place, that place (Kiran Chandra) can be written with different words and letters and still sound the same. We had to analyse the following picture:

Analysis
My first impression was that it looked cool, interesting, challenging, strange but appealing. A lot of first impressions, haha. I think it is appealing because I find it interesting to look at such a pictures with text which creates different meanings while the sound stays the same. It is challenging to find out what they really mean by this.
Because of the white background, the black letters stand out. The basic colors make it very clear what is written in the picture. It's funny how different words can sound the same and how you can play with letters. I keep the meaning 'this place that place' in mind and for me while Kiran has used different words, I don't see another meaning. The same for when I keep the meaning 'displace that place' in mind.
I still can't figure out whether she's meant to say 'displace that place' or 'this place, that place', and to be honest, I don't even care about that. It's just cool for me how she shows that you can create different 3 sentences, which sound the same with different meanings.
After knowing the fact that Kiran was born in India, I think the right part of the upper picture must be a big city in India. Everything is a bit dirty and poor-ish.

No comments:

Post a Comment